New York City Summer Events – July is a great place to visit, whether you come from London or New London, Connecticut. The restaurants are world famous with chefs from all over the globe opening new places here.
There are so many things to do, even on a week’s holiday its hard to take in all the must see attractions like Central Park, the Brooklyn Bridge, a Broadway show, the World Trade Center, or the Metropolitan Musuem.
If all of that is not enough to keep you busy, I added some seasonal New York City summer events you should try and catch;
- July 1 – 31, Union Square Green Market, Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays
- July 7, Bryant Park Evening Film Festival – Blazing Saddles
- July 11 & 14, New York Philharmonic, brings free classical music concerts to the Great Lawn in Central Park. Picnic style seating.
- July 14, Bryant Park Evening Film Festival – Suddently Last Summer
- july 21-31, NYC Restaurant Week, 3 courses lunch $25, dinner $38
- July 21, Bryant Park Evening Film Festival – National Lampoon’s Vacation
- July 22-31, Free Shakespeare in the Park, King Lear at Central Park’s famous Delacorte Theater, outdoors under the stars at 8pm
- July 28, Bryant Park Evening Film Festival – Key Largo
Written by Bruce Scher, owner of Walking Tours Manhattan, native New Yorker, and licensed tour guide, in business since 2008.
Food tours are a perfect way to walk around great neighborhoods like Greenwich Village, SoHo Little Italy, or the Brooklyn Bridge, and eat in iconic New York shops and restaurants. All tours visit famous landmarks and historic points of interest.
Written up in New York Times, CBS New York, and Time Out New York. Receives 5 stars from Trip Advisor. Member New York City Tourist Board.